Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jay Chou thinks Asian actors working in Hollywood films is inspiring

Taiwanese actor Jay Chou commented on his fellow Asian actors advancing into Hollywood at a press conference for his movie, “Green Hornet 3D,” held at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul.

A reporter asked, “Kwon Sang Woo could have been cast for your role, how do you think that influences the movie’s success or failure?“, to which he replied, “As a fellow Asian actor, no matter who goes to film a movie in the Hollywood market, it is an inspiring and amazing act.”

He also stated, “I have seen Rain’s Hollywood films. As an Asian actor, I hope to appear in more Hollywood films alongside Rain.”

A reporter then mentioned that his monolids gave off a strong gaze, just like Rain’s, to which Chou replied to the amusement of the rest, “I’m very different from Rain. I can’t dance as well as he does, and I don’t have muscles.”

He continued, “But I have worked hard to create many amazing action movies. I hope the Korean audience will watch them.”

Chou concluded, “A lot of Asian actors are working hard to make their mark in Hollywood, and comparing such efforts is meaningless. I don’t think I have the peace of mind to think of such things.”

Chou and his castmates arrived in Korea on the 18th for a three-day promotional period. The group will be returning to Taiwan on the 20th.

Source : AllKpop

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon